Friday 3 August 2018

Share Your Story!

Dear readers!


In this blog, I want to gather as many special and beautiful stories about the impact of music in healthcare as possible! That's why I'm asking all of you:

If you, your family or friends have a special experience showing the impact of music in healthcare, could you please contact me (Bas)?

Mailing adress: basmeuter@gmail.com

Thanks a lot in advance, and I hope to get many responds, so that we can make the special power of music in healthcare obvious for everyone!


Kind regards,
Bas

6 comments:

  1. Micheala Ferguson7 August 2018 at 11:49

    Reading this article is like music to my ears! For the longest time, I’ve shared with other nurses that I believed music in the ICU would be so beneficial for patients. Not only the patients but families also. Not only in the ICU but on other patient floors as well. I hope this project’s goal comes to its fruition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Micheala! You're right, music can help a lot, everywhere in the hospital. We are with a very dedicated team to make this work!

      Delete
  2. Janet Atarthi Dugan7 August 2018 at 11:52

    I can speak to the benefits of music therapy first hand. AMITA Health/Adventist GlenOaks has a harpist who plays music for patients most Fridays. Not only the patients benefit! It was great for staff too (especially in a busy ICU)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for your comment. The harp also sounds very magical! It's wonderful to hear that both the staff and patients all benefit from the soothing music.

      Delete
  3. I recommend music in Icu. I have seen patients doing better,especially long stay Icu patients who were critical.delirium incidence in our Icu was far less.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree that music lowers stress levels in Physicians, Therapist, Nursing, housekeeping, visitors and patients! Proven in an ICU that I loved working in!

    ReplyDelete